Purpose of the User Experience (UX) Architect is to develop the structure and flow of a digital solution (website, app, software, mobile, etc.). The Architect conducts research, interviews and surveys, and then translates that information into sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes. The Architect sets up the system and process that will be used to design the final product.
Objectives of this role
- Focus on structure and flow
- The UX Architect partners with various business teams in an organization to understand how the end user will interact with the platform, and then develops the structure and flow to make that possible.
- The UX Architect has a solid grasp of user research, information architecture, interaction design, and content strategy, and is able to clearly communicate to teams and clients how those factors will influence the design processes and outcomes.
- Uses UX principles & techniques
- The UX Architect is familiar with usability principles and techniques and is skilled using UX tools for the various stages of development—wireframing and prototyping, user research and testing, organizing information, and analytics and metrics.
- Your are a creative problem solver. Understanding how a solution views across multiple digital devices is key.
- You are an organized yet creative thinker with a good sense of the overall goal of a solution and then able to develop the roadmap to achieving it.
- You are an excellent verbal and visual communicator, with the flexibility and patience to try new things.
- Analyzing consumer usability
- Developing information architecture
- Creating an interaction design
- Building design interfaces
DESIRABLE CERTIFICATIONS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups at all levels of a client organization.
- Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to Web-based applications.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as AdobeCC, Sketch, InVision, Pixate, and Framer.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- A passion for creating products that resonate emotionally with people.